Ruccu Pichincha, Illiniza North, Cotopaxi, Chimborazo
About the trip
In 12 days we attemp four of Ecuador`s highest peaks:
- Ruccu Pichincha 15,708 ft.,
- Illiniza Norte 16,950 ft.,
- Cotopaxi 19,347 ft. and
- Chimborazo 20,564 ft.
Requires previous experience, successful ascents give climbers a strong sense of individual accomplishment and the distinction of standindg amongst the highest equatorial peaks in the world.
International climbing travel, culture and climbing up 4 mountains:
Ruccu Pichincha for acclimatization hiking day.
Illiniza Norte is a moderate climb and great place to hone your mountaineering skills; It also in acclimatization before heading to the higher peaks.
Cotopaxi is an active stratovolcano in the Andes Mountains, located in the Latacunga canton of Cotopaxi Province, about 50 km (31 mi) south of Quito, and 33 km (21 mi) northeast of the city of Latacunga, Ecuador, in South America. It is the second highest summit in Ecuador, reaching a height of 5,897 m (19,347 ft). It is one of the world’s highest volcanoes.
Chimborazo as Ecuador`s highest peak, represents and excellent climbing opportunity for the climber, the climb are relatively straightforward glacier climb with slope angles of thirty to forty five degrees sustained for over four-thousand feet, including steeper sections towards the summit. This trips is designed for people who are looking beyond Mexico`s mountaineering for example, and want experience for further climbing in South America.
- Day 1. Arrive to Quito and transfer to hotel.
- Day 2. Climb Ruccu Pichincha and transfer to Chaupi village, hostel.
- Day 3. Climb Illiniza`s hut spend night in the hut.
- Day 4. Summit Day!!!. Return to Chaupi hostel
- Day 5. Rest day!!
- Day 6. Transfer to Cotopaxi base camp. Sleep in the hut.
- Day 7. Summit Day!!. Transfer to Baños de Agua Santa city, hotel.
- Day 8. Rest day!!
- Day 9. Rest day!!
- Day 10. Transfer to Chimborazo hut. sleep in the hut.
- Day 11. Summit Day!!. Return to Quito, hotel
- Day 12. Go home.
2,700 USD per person.
- All accommodations (hotel in Quito 2 nights).
- Baños 2 nights.
- All meals in the mountain.
- Transportation and transfers in Ecuador.
- Airflight tickets.
- National park fee.
- Personal gear.
- Meals in the cities
- Alcoholic beverages.